Recipe Submitted by : Chef in disguise [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from Chef in disguise]
Duration : 20 minutes not counting overnight soaking
Serves 3 Cups
1.5 cups almonds
Water for soaking nuts
4 cups water
2 dates (optional)
- Soak the almonds in water overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the almonds and discard. Blend the 4 cups of water, almonds until well blended and almost smooth.
- If you would like your almond milk to be sweet add the dates (or your choice of sweetener) and blend well
- Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth or other strainer.
- Homemade raw almond milk will keep well in the refrigerator for three or four days
- You can flavor your almond milk with your choice of flavoring: chocolate, cinnamon, cardamom
- Don’t throw away the left over almond meal, spread it on a sheet and dehydrate it then use it in cakes, cookies, smoothies.