Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
1 9-inch graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate fudge sauce (homemade or your favorite purchased brand)
optional garnishes: whipped cream, additional cashew and chocolate sauce
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a small bowl.
- Place the softened ice cream in a large mixing bowl, and then stir in the peanut butter-honey mixture.
- Spoon half of the ice cream into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the cashews, and drizzle with two-thirds of the chocolate sauce. (If the ice cream is melting too much, put everything in the freezer to firm up a bit. This will prevent the ice cream from spilling over the sides of the pie plate as you pile on the second layer.)
- Spoon the remaining ice cream mixture into the pie crust, and then top with the remaining cashews and chocolate.
- Freeze several hours or until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, additional cashews, and/or chocolate sauce, if desired.