Submitted by : Cook it Daily
2 cups of Maida (Refined flour)
1 teaspoon of Besan (Gram flour)
1 teaspoon of Sooji (Semolina)
a pinch of Baking powder
2 teaspoons of yogurt
1 teaspoon of Cardamom powder
2-3 cups of sugar
Food color- Yellow or orange, and few saffron strands
Desi ghee or Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix the maida, besan, sooji in a glass bowl.
- Add baking powder, yogurt, a teaspoon of ghee and make a fine thick batter.
- Add the food color, mix the batter well to avoid lumps. Leave it 1-2 hours to ferment.
- While waiting, make sugar syrup. For this, heat up the water in a pan to the boiling point and add suger, stir it continuously, and add cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Make a sugar syrup of two stings.
- Heat up the Oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take a thick cotton cloth, and make a small button hole. Fill in the batter in the cloth and use this to press out the batter in a continuous stream in the hot oil, and make circular, whirl shaped jalebi- Move from outside to the center of Jalebi.
- Deep fry the Jalebi on both sides till it turned golden (NOT Brown!) and become crispy.
- Take out the Jalebi on a kitchen tissue to remove excess oil/ghee and immediatly soak into the ready warm sugar syrup.
- Once jalebi has soaked the sugar syrup, it is ready to serve.
- Serve the Jalebi hot as ready to eat.
However there are few more ways you can enjoy it:
Take a piece or two of hot jalebi, pour a spoon or two of Yogurt, and have it- the sweet and saur taste feels so yummy that you can’t stop eating more.
Dip the Jalebi in fresh hot milk, leave it for 10-20 seconds, then have it with a spoon, again this on is so so yummy, you won’t be able to decide when to stop.