Submitted by :Bhavya’s Cuisine
Eggs – 4 to 6 (I used 4 eggs as I wanted more gravy and less eggs . Boil the eggs and keep aside).
Tamarind -1 big lemon sized (soak in warm water for some time and extract pulp completely )
Mustard seeds / aavalu – 1/4 tsp
Crushed garlic – 4
Menthulu / fenugreek seeds – big pinch,
Curry Leaves – few
Onions chopped finely – 2 (1 big n 1 medium)
Tomato ,finely chopped – 1 medium sized
Green chillies – 3 to 4 , slit lengthwise
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp (can increase a little as per your spicy level)
Turmeric powder – a big pinch
Coriander powder / Dhaniya powder- 3/4 tsp
Cumin powder / Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Oil – 3 tbsp
- Firstly , slit the eggs on the sides slightly and fry them in lil oil adding pinches of turmeric. Keep aside.
- In another vessel, heat oil and add mustard seeds . Once they start to dance add the fenugreek seeds , crushed garlic and curry leaves and let it fry for 6 to 7 seconds.
- To this add the chopped onions , green chillies and fry till transparent.
- Then, add red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric , and jeera powder, mix well and saute for few seconds. Add chopped tomatoes and allow it to cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tamarind extract and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and add salt ,sugar and the fried eggs . Allow it to get well cooked in the tamarind gravy for about 15 minutes or till done. Once you get the required consistency add few chopped coriander leaves(save some for the final garnish) and mix well . Switch off the flame and before serving garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice…it tastes yummy !