Submitted by :Yummy Yummy
Chicken – 1 Kg
To grind ( masala powder): 4-5 red chilli’s ( u can add more if u want it very spicy), 1 tsp peppercorns, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds ( perumjeerakam), a small pc of cinnamon, 02 cloves, 1-2 cardamom…. ( if u don’t want to make this masala powder use combination of meat masala and Garam masala instead)
Shallots/onions chopped- 1 1/2cup
Crushed shallots ( sambar onions/ small red onions)- 1/2 cup
Tomatoes- 2 medium, chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 1 +1
Green chilly- 2
Chilly powder 1 tsp
Coconut milk thick- 4 tsp
oil- 2 tsp
salt to taste
- Cut chicken- medium or large pcs…marinate it with 1/2 of ground masala powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder,salt, one tsp of ginger garlic paste and keep aside for half an hour.
- Cook this chicken adding little water in a closed pot ..cook till it is tender and chicken is almost dry
- Chop or slice onions. Crush half cup of shallots and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat oil and saute onions till transparent , add green chilly. Add in ginger garlic paste, crushed shallots and curry leaves and fry for two to three minutes. Add tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add in chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, pepper and 1/2 of ground masala( remaining) powder and finally the cooked chicken. Cook till all the masala gets coated well on the chicken. Pour in four to five tsps of coconut milk.
- Cook till coconut milk is completely absorbed and oil separates.add few more curry leaves if required
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve.