Recipe Submitted by : Decorate with Sprinkles [ Click for more such wonderful recipe from Decorate with Sprinkles]
Duration 10-15 Minutes
Juice and zest of 2 large lemons
2 medium eggs
175g caster sugar
110g soft butter
1 teaspoon of cornflour
Makes 2 medium sized jars
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar as though you were making a cake.
- Add the eggs and cornflour and mix thoroughly.
- The mixture will probably curdle but this doesn’t matter as it cooks out later.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, again mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring all the time.
- Don’t be tempted to leave it. At first the mixture will thin, after 2 or 3 minutes it’ll begin to thicken.
- Keep stirring for another minute or so and then remove from the heat.
- Pour into a heat proof jug. Then pour into warmed and sterilised jars, cover and leave to cool.
- Cover with a waxed disc and seal with a lid. Will keep in a cool dark place for a few weeks.
- Once opened store in the fridge.