Submitted by : Joure’s Rustic Kitchen
1 cup flour
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons icing sugar
6 large eggs
250g castor sugar
175ml double cream
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust together.
- Pat into the pie shell, and bake until golden – approximately 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat of oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Very finely grate the zest of the lemons and limes into a bowl.
- Add the juice of the lemons and limes, the eggs, castor sugar and cream. Beat it lightly, making sure it doesn’t make foam.
- Pour it into the tin, and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve!