Recipe Submitted by : Cook Guru | Portuguese Cooking
1 kg of shrimps
750 gr of peanuts
1 kg of cabbage leaf or cassava leaf
2 L of water
salt to taste
- Smash the peeled peanuts very well until becomes powder. Dissolve in 0,5 L of water.
- Grate the coconut pulp and staunch it. Add bit to bit the rest of the water to take off all the coconut milk. Mix this coconut milk with the peanut with water.
- Cut the cabbage or cassava leafs into thin strips (+/- 2 cm). Steam the cabbage or cassava leafs for 30 minutes.
- Put the mixture of coconut milk and peanuts water in a pan and when it’s boiling add the cabbege or cassava leafs. Spice with salt.
- Add the cooked and peeled shrimps and cook all for 1 hour and 30 minutes on low heat. Serve with white rice.