Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Fresh green Val beans or dolichos lablab ( valache ole dane)- 2 cups
Brinjal- 1 med. size
Potato- 2 med size
Drum sticks- 4-5
Green raw tomato- 2-3
Onion- 1 med. size
Garlic- 5-6 cloves
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder or home made masala – 3 tsp or as per taste
Mustard seeds- 1tsp
Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds- 1tsp
Goda masala- 2 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Veg. oil- 2 tbsp
Fresh coriander- 2tbsp
Grated fresh or dry coconut- 1 cup
- Peel drumstick properly cut into 3-4 inches. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces. Cut brinjal & green tomato into 1.5 inch pieces approx.
- Wash all vegetables. Chopped onion & crushed garlic.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add grated coconut. Sauté till it turn brown. Cool it & Put it in mixi, add some water. Grind into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadai (wok). Add mustered seeds for tempering. When mustered seeds are popping, add garlic, cumin seeds & sauté for a minute.
- Add onion & sauté till it turn dark brown (not burnt). Add hing, turmeric powder & sauté for a minute. Add chili powder and 2-3 tbsp above paste. Sauté till oil come out from masala. Add val beans & some water.
- Cover for 5-6 minutes. Add drum sticks, brinjal and potato. Cover and cook till the drumsticks and potato are cooked.
- Add grren tomato, salt, goda masala, coriander & some water. Mix well & cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add some water & adjust consistency as per personal choice. Continue to simmer this curry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with chapati (type of Indian bread) or rice.
- As beans takes time for cooking, do check all vegetables as they cooked properly.