Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup granulated sugar (see note)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup (3 ounces) white chocolate, chopped, plus a couple extra tablespoons to sprinkle on top, if desired
2 large eggs
1/4 cup oil (canola, grapeseed, melted coconut oil or butter all work well)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh zucchini, grated
1 very ripe banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10″ cast iron skillet or a 9″x4″ loaf pan.
- Stir together all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and sprinkle with additional white chocolate, if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes for a cast iron skillet or 50-60 minutes for a loaf pan, or until a toothpick tests clean. (I always check a bit early as all ovens vary a bit. This will prevent a dry baked good due to overcooking.)