Submitted by : Joure’s Rustic Kitchen
225g self raising flour
180g brown sugar
125ml desiccated coconut
60ml chopped walnuts
125ml chocolate chips
2 medium bananas, mashed
60ml vegetable oil
10ml vanilla essence
2 extra large eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Grease your loaf tin ( I sometimes make cupcakes instead of the bread)
- Mix the dry ingredients together, incl the nuts and chocolate
- Stir banana, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs together in a bowl. (Add some milk if it looks dry)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into tin and bake for 45-55 minutes. If you made the cupcakes, bake for 15-20 minutes.
Tip :This is so delicious, and you can leave out the chocolate if you want. I usually don’t bother with making just one, I make at least double the recipe, and it doesn’t matter how much I make, it is always all eaten by the end of the day!