Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
1 pound chocolate (milk, dark, or white)
16 Oreos (13 if Doublestuff)
optional: extras for garnishing
- Chop Oreos with a sharp knife into sixths. They will crumble a little but the sharp knife will reduce the breakage and you will end up with good-size chunks for the bark.
- Melt chocolate in 30-second increments in microwave until completely smooth. (I use a quart-sized Pyrex measuring cup.) Stir into melted chocolate.
- Spread mixture over the bottom of a 9×13 pan LINED WITH FOIL or PARCHMENT. (This is important when it comes time to get the bark out of the pan easily.)
- If desired, sprinkle with 2-3 additional chopped Oreos and/or drizzle with extra chocolate. When I use dark chocolate, I like to drizzle a little melted white chocolate over top. It looks pretty.
- Refrigerate until firm. Remove bark from pan and cut into squares or rectangles. You can also break the bark into random-sized pieces, however, I find I have chocolate pieces flying everywhere when I do this! Also, the bark will be easier to cut if it isn’t really cold and hard. Once firm, I let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before cutting.
Tip: Store in refrigerator in air-tight container. Freezes well, too.