Submitted by : Cook it Daily
1-1/2 cups of boiled potatoes
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup fine chopped cauliflower
1/2 cup fine chopped eggplant
1/2 cup fine chopped capsicum (red/green/yellow mix)
1/4 cup mashed paneer (Cottage cheese)
1/2 cup fine chopped red onion
1/2 cup fine chopped tomato
1-2 teaspoon of ginger, garlic paste (if you don’t eat ginger you can make it even without it)
1 teaspoon green chili
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 table spoon of butter (Salted one is preferred)
1-2 teaspoon of Pavbhaji masala
1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds, mustard seeds and coriander seeds each
a pinch of black pepper, red chili powder
a pinch or two of amchoor powder
green corriander leaves and fine chopped onions for garnishing
4-6 pcs of Paav (or round buns- shouldn’t be sweet)
- Heat up the deep frying pan, take a spoon of butter and roast cumin, mustard, coriander seeds.
- Add chopped onion and roast till turn dark brown, Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped capsicum, cauliflower, eggplant, and green peas, and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add mashed potatoes and paneer and mix the vegetable.
- Add paav bhaji masala, salt to taste, and mix and mash all vegetable with potato masher or the wooden spoon, add chopped tomatoes, and a teaspoon of lemon juice and amchoor powder.
- Simmer it for another 10 mins, if required add a spoon or two of water, and keep mashing the bhaji in between.
- Sprinkle green chili, and pepper powder, close the lid.
- Take the paav and slice it in two pieces.
- Heat a spoon of butter on a flat pan, and toast the paav on both sides till it turn golden brown on both sides
- Serve the bhaji in a bowl and add a spoon of butter in the bhaji, let it melt. Sprinkle fine cut coriander leaves and fine chopped onion.
- Cut a lemon in two pieces, and serve it together in a plate with hot toasted paav.
Note :This is great healthy and yummy dish, originated in Gujarat and Maharashtra, but it is famous around the globe and served at almost all Indian restaurants. It is easy to cook, yummy and healthy. Kids too love it.