Submitted by :Bhavya’s Cuisine
Ingrediants for stuffing :
Paneer , grated / crumbled – 2 cups
Peas (boil till soft ) – 1 cup
Onion , chopped finely – 1 small sized
Dhaniya powder (Coriander powder) – 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder (Cumin powder ) – 1/4 tsp
Kottameer / Coriander leaves – few sprigs
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies , finely chopped or sliced thinly – 2 to 3
Salt – as required
Ingrediants for paratha dough :
Whole wheat flour/atta – 2 cups
salt – as needed
Ghee / butter – 1 tsp (optional )
water to knead the dough
- Firstly , knead the dough and cover with damp cloth and let it rest for 10 to 15 min.
- Meanwhile…mix all the ingredients together mentioned under the ‘stuffing’ . Keep aside.
- Pinch a large lemon sized ball of dough and roll to form a 3″ diameter circle.
- Place some stuffing in the center and take the edges of the dough upwards and cover the stuffing. Press it well with your palm and it gets flattened.
- Now, dust the surface with some atta and roll out the stuffed dough to form 6″-7″ diameter circles.
- Heat a tawa and once its hot, place a paratha and let it cook for 15 to 20 sec. Flip the paratha and let it cook for a few more secs. Drizzle some butter or ghee and roast to a golden shade on both sides.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice or yogurt or raita.