Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda
Paneer (Cottage cheese)- 250 gm
Boondi.- 1cup (optional)
Green paste- as required
Red chili powder- ½ tsp
1 cup of Gram flour (besan).
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp (optional)
Soda bicarbonate- 1 pinch
Salt- to taste
Oil- as required
Ingredients for Green paste:
1 ½ inch of ginger piece
3 to 4 green chilies
a handful of fresh coriander
Some mint leaves(optional),
Grind all ingredients into smooth paste.
- Cut cottage cheese into two inch by half inch sized pieces.
- Slit each piece into half leaving one edge intact for filling. Crush the boondi with your hand and keep aside.
- Take gram flour in one bowl & add red chili powder, turmeric powder, hing, soda bicarbonate and salt.
- Add sufficient water and whisk well to make a batter of a coating consistency.
- Rest the batter for about fifteen minutes.
- Stuff green chutney into the slit of each cottage cheese piece.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai (wok pan).
- Dip each baton of cottage cheese into the batter.
- Roll in the crushed boondi and deep fry on medium heat till crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with a chutney of your choice.