Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Medium-sized raw green mangoes- 4/5
Jaggery or farm sugar (gul),grated- 500 gm or 3 cups Sugar (required some more or less, it’s depends upon the sourness of the mangoes)
Green cardamom powder- 2 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Water- as required
- Wash the mangoes. Boil mangoes till they will be soft. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- You can pressure cook the mangoes.
- Let the mangoes cool. Remove the skin and the inner seed and keep the pulp.
- Blend well the pulp, jaggery or sugar, green cardamom powder & salt. You can use hand blender or you can mash it well with your hand. The thick pulp is ready.
- You can store this pulp for 3-4 months in deep freezer.
- When you want to serve, add about ¼ glass pulp into a glass, top with cold water.
- Stir to mix well or you can use a hand blender or a mixer. Add ice cubes and serve Or add water as required in the pulp make drink.
- Cool it, you can store this drink for a week in refrigerator. When you serve, add ice cubes. Cheers to Summer.
- Jaggery’s taste is better than sugar, jaggery used in authentic recipe. It gives good color and it is more nutritious than sugar. If you use without chemical natural jaggaey, it have more nutritious value (full of iron) & it gives brown colour. Here I used natural jaggery.