Submitted by : Mia’s Domain
4 large peaches
2 cups blueberries
1 cup maple syrup
1 cinnamon stick
pinch of cloves
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 orange, juiced
1 orange, zest
- Remove skin and pit of the peaches and slice into thick strips.
- In a medium pot on high heat, add maple syrup, orange juice and zest, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a rolling boil until the liquid has reduced to a syrup that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Lower temperature to medium low and add the fruit.
- Cover and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or until the peaches are soft.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve warm by itself or as a sidekick to your favorite dessert.