Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
8 ounces spaghetti (regular, whole wheat, or rice and corn pasta)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup pesto (I use my Asiago Pesto)
1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use my Balsamic Pesto Marinara)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and cool slightly.
- Mix pasta, eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese until cheese is evenly dispersed.
- Press pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the pesto, then the sauce, evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top.
Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.