Submitted by : Easy Recipes From All Cultures [ Click for more such wonderful recipes ]
Duration : 40 minutes
Serve : 8
2 large eggs
3 tsp lemon juice
85 gms powdered sugar
1 packet (11 grams) strong gelatine
3/4 cup fresh cream
1 small can (450 grams) pineapple slices
Grated rind of 1 lemon
A few pieces of cherries and green peel for decoration
- Prepare a souffle dish by tying a band of greaseproof paper.
- Mix the gelatine in 1/2 teacup of cold water. Warm until the gelatine dissolves.
- Chop the pineapple slices very finelt and keep aside the syrup.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg – yolks with the sugar and lemon rind. Go on beating thick and fluffy.
- Measure the pineapple syrup with the lemon juice; add a little water, if required, to make up to 240 ml.
- Mix the egg – yolk mixture, gelatine solution, fruit juices and chopped pineapple pieces, keeping aside a few pieces for decoration.
- Put the vessel containing this mixture in a large vessel filled with ice cubes and go on stirring all the time.
- When the mixture gets slightly thicker, add the cream. Go on stirring all the time.
- Beat the egg – whites stiffly.
- When the mixture gets thicker again, add the beaten egg – whites.
- Take the vessel off the ice. Mix very well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and put to set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- Just before serving, remove the paper. Decorate with pineapple pieces, cherries and green peels.
- Serve cold.
- Pineapple Souffle is ready to serve.