Submitted by: Recipes from Spain
300 gr flour
50 gr olive oil
2-3 gr dry baker’s yeast
- Let’s start making the dough, in a bowl put 300 gr of flour and 2-3 gr of dry baker’s yeast, mix well with your hands. Add a coffeespoon of salt and like one tablespoon of oregano, mix again with your hands. Add 50 gr of olive oil, and 150 gr of water, better it is warm. Mix well with a wooden spoon until the dough is formed, then knead with your hands first on the bowl, and after a while spread a bit of flour in the table and continue kneading on the table for at least 5 to 6 minutes until dough becomes very elastic and not sticky. Make a ball with the dough, spread some flour in the bowl, and keep the dough in the bowl covered with a cloth resting for at least one hour.
- After one hour you can see how the dough increased it volume several times. Knead it for a while and start to give it the shape smashing the dough with your hands , slowly but constantly.
- Place the dough over the oven tray and with your fingers extend the edges to give the pizza a circular shape. Let rest the dough 20-30 minutes. Smash again the dough and extend with your fingers.
- Spread tomato sauce over the dough, and then spread grated mozarella cheese (or any other kind of cheese, at your choice). As said before this is a really basic pizza, I added tuna and olives and finally covered with more mozarella cheese, but just use your favourite ingredients instead these ones.
- Cook in the oven at 390ºF (200º C) for about 20 minutes, and your pizza is ready.