Recipe Submitted by : Sparrows and Spatulas [Click and find more such recipes from Sparrows and Spatulas]
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of corn kernels (I used CSA corn, but you can use frozen if you don’t have access to fresh corn)
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup of fine cornmeal (polenta)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablesppon butter (I used salted) over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 cup of corn kernels and 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup whole milk and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of fine cornmeal (polenta).
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and creamy, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Serve immediately.