Submitted by : Food Corner
This potato curry is delicious with rice or any type of roti. Also it is easy to prepare within few minutes. I use the steamer tray of rice cooker to boil potatoes and it saves time for me.
Ingredients : (3-4 servings)
2 medium sized potato
1 tomato sliced
1 onion sliced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbs raw curry powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
Piece of cinnamon stick
Piece of a pandan leaf (rampe)
Thick coconut milk ½ cup
Salt to taste
- First boil potatoes.Peel them and cut into pieces.
- Then mix all spice powders with potato and keep aside.
- Heat about 2-3 tbspn oil in a pan.
- When it is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When it pop out, add onion.Once onions are tender, add the potato mix and mix well.
- Then add tomato and curry leaves/rampe. Mix well. Cover and cook for few minutes.
- When all tomato pieces have become soft and look as a sauce,add thick coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste. Allow for simmer few minutes in low flame.
- If you want more gravy, add some water else leve it as it is.