Recipe Submitted by : Rajshree’s Culinary
Duration 30 Minutes
1 pound medium sized shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
10 Kashmiri red dried chilies (I use the long red dried Mexican ones) (You can make of one whole packet and refrigerate to use in meats, curry and in between fish to be fried – just add table spoon or two to your favorites )
Vinegar to taste
1 tsp turmeric
2 cups oil (you can use less)
4 medium onions (minced)
2 large sprigs curry leaves
1” piece ginger (chopped)
3 whole pods garlic (chopped
4-5 green chilies (seeded and chopped)
Salt to taste
- Grind together the cumin, pepper and red chilies in vinegar and mix in the turmeric. (Use blender)
- Heat the oil and fry the onions.
- Onions should be fried till all the water is dry.
- Add the prawns and ground masala.
- Next add the curry leaves, and the chopped ginger, green chilies and garlic.
- Add salt and vinegar (or tamarind) to taste and simmer till well cooked (This should be eaten with rice and curry)