Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda(Mumbai, India)
Prawns – 500 gms
Salt – as required
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (for cleaning)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (for pakoda)
Chili powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp or more as per individual liking
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Besan(gram flour) – 1/2 cup
Freshly made ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tsp
Corn flour – 2 tsp
Oil for deep frying – as needed
Onion – 250 gm
Egg – 1 (take only white portion and discard yolk)
Tomato sauce – as required
Cheese spread – as required
Prewashing of prawns
- Remove shell and thoroughly de-vein the prawns.
- Wash with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and a little water.
- Now wash in water for 3 to 4 times.
- Allow the prawns to dry.
- Put the prawns in a vessel. Add 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix these ingredients with prawns and keep in fridge for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove the prawns from the fridge.
- Add beaten white portion of the egg and mix.
- Add besan(gram flour) and mix. Add a little water if needed to mix the besan.
- Take the corn flour in a separate bowl and mix with 2-3 spoons of water. Mix thoroughly and see that no lumps are formed. Now add this liquid to the prawns. Seethat all the corn flour mix is transferred to the prawns pakoda mix. Use little water if needed to dissolve the corn flour. Add salt as per your taste. Mix thoroughlyand keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai and carefully drop the prawns into the oil.
- Deep fry on medium flame till golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce, cheese, onions and garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves.