Submitted by :Yummy Yummy
Ingredients for marination :
Prawns – 500 gms
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder, salt
Ingredients for gravy :
Onions: 01, chopped( if onion is not big one add 1/2 more)
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Ginger paste- 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 02,medium, finely chopped or pureed coarsely (it should not be fine paste , should be coarsely ground)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp(i hv used kashmiri cilli powder for getting bright red color)
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Peppercorns – 5-6 (u can reduce or increase this as per your taste. i had used almost 1 tsp)
Salt to taste
Garam Masala Powder made of 01 Cardamom, 02 Cloves and a small piece of cinnamon
Curd/ yogurt – 2 tbsp
Green Chilli – 01, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – finely chopped
Ginger Juliennes – 1 tsp
- Marinate prawns with marinade for 30 min…heat oil in a pan and shallow fry prawns till its half done.
- Slice/ chop onions and fry it in oil to golden brown color. Remove it..keep it in a kitchen towel or tissue paper. Dry and crush it slightly with hand.
- Coarsely Grind peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin and Red chilli flakes.
- Heat Oil. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min. Add tomatoes…fry till it turns soft.
- Now add fried prawns along with oil (used for frying)..mix well..fry for a min and add yogurt/curd and garam masala.
- Cook till oil separates ( couple of minutes…remember prawns takes very less cooking time..overcooking will make it rubbery).take out from the flame. Add coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli’s and ginger juliennes.