Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Pumpkin- 250 gm
Curd- 1 cup or as required
Green chilies- 4 / 5 or as per taste
Veg. Oil- 2 tbsp
Mustered seeds- 2tsp
Turmeric powder- 1tsp
Asafetida (Hing)- 1tsp
Sugar- 1 pinch (optional)
Salt to taste
- Remove pumpkin’s skin, seeds & white part. Cut it into 1 inch cube.
- Boil in pressure cooker without water.
- It must be cook properly. (After cooked if there will be water in pumpkin container, don’t take this water.
- This water is used in any dal or curry dish.) Put this cooked pumpkin in large bowl.
- Smash coarsely with folk or spoon. Cut chilies enough big pieces that can be easily removable.
- Chop finely coriander. After cooling this, add chilly pieces, coriander, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- At the serving time, add curd and mix well. Heat a small pan (tadaka pan) , put oil in pan. Add mustered seed.
- When it’s popping, add turmeric powder & hing. Remove imminently from flame , add this tadaka (tempering) in above mixture.
- Cover it imminently.
- Pumpkin should not be fully ripe, it’s little bit raw. Pumpkin should not be whitish yellow or should not be orange. You can use baby or small pumpkin.
- Tadaka (tempering) should not be burned.
- It’s very healthy dish which is full of A vitamin & fiber.
- You can eat with chapatti as subji or eat as salad.