Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
Salt- ¼ tsp
Water- about half cup or as required
Oil to deep fry
- Mix the lsalt and flour in a bowl and add water gradually.
- Mix well until a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Cover and allow the dough to rest for 10min.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 equal portions and roll each portion into a disc of 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in a wok and drop the rolled dough into the oil.
- While the puri is slowly raising to the surface make sure to keep ladling hot oil on the surface. This helps the puri to puff up.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.