Recipe Submitted by : Rajshree’s Culinary
Method for the koftas :
- Boil raw bananas till done. De-skin and mash them.
- Mix boiled and mashed raw bananas with salt, gram flour, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger and chopped corainder leaves.
- Make smooth balls out of this mixture. Deep fry and keep aside.
Method for the gravy :
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion paste. Fry for a while and add ginger – garlic paste.
- Add salt, tumeric, red chilli powder, cumin powder,and coriander powder. Add a tablespoon of water to prevent burning of dry spices.
- Stir in home made tomato puree. Cook for a few minutes. Add water to get desired consistency of gravy. Cover and cook for a while.
- Finish the gravy with home made garam masala powder.
To serve :
- Place koftas in a shallow dish and pour hot gravy on top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with rice or bread of your choice.