Submitted by : Veselina Zheleva
Duration : 70
Serve : 4
2 red onions
200 grams bacon (cut into small pieces)
2 garlic cloves (cut into small pieces)
2 table spoons olive oil
1tea spoon red chili flakes
1 tea spoon coriander seeds (or powder)
200ml cooking cream
100 ml white wine
1 tea spoon fresh tarragon (chopped in small pieces)
100g goat cheese (if you don’t like goat cheese, you could use other creamy cheese like ricotta, cottage, French feta)
Home-made pie pastry (or ready-make) – you could find my recipe for home-made pastry here.
Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the bacon to the red onions and cook until golden brown. Add the chili flakes, a little bit of the coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add half of the white wine to the onions and bacon and cook until it is fully absorbed.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the cream, the rest white wine, tarragon and coriander. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grease your tart tins, roll out the pastry and fit it into you tins or tin. Spread the red onion and bacon mixture evenly into the tart tins.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and bacon. Add small pieces of the goat cheese over the quiche. Now it is the time to put the cherry tomatoes, just cut them in half.
- Bake the quiche for about 45 minutes and sprinkle with fresh tarragon before serving.