Submitted by :Busy Kitchen Mum
Duration : 215 minutes
2 tbl spoons olive oil
800gm gravy beef – trimmed, diced
1 medium brown onion – diced
2 small carrots – cut into 2cm pieces
1 celery stick – cut into 2cm pieces
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 tbl spoon paprika
2 tbl spoons plain flour
420gm can condensed tomato soup
3/4 cup beef stock
Sour cream mash:
1.25kg sebago potatoes – peeled and chopped
1 cup sour cream
1/2 grated tasty cheese
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish. Cook the beef, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the carrot and celery, cook for 5 minutes until vegetables start to turn a golden colour. Add the garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring for one minute. Return the beef and any resting juices to the pan. Add the flour, stir to coat vegetables and beef.
- Gradually add the soup and the beef stock, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 3 hours. Giving the pot a stir after every hour.
- Meanwhile, Cook the potatoes in a large bot of boiling salted water until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain well. Return the potatoes to the pot over a low heat. Mash until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and half of the cheese.
- Remove the pan from the oven. If the mixture is too thick then add an extra 1/4-1/2 cup beef stock. Spread the mashed potato over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Remove from oven and divide among serving plates. Serve with steamed green veg.