Submitted by : Mia’s Domain
1 lb ground/mince sirloin steak
2 cups low sodium beef broth
2 cups whole wheat tube pasta
6 large tomatoes
1 head of garlic
1 red pepper
1 yellow capsicum/pepper
good quality balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut capsicum/peppers in half and remove seeds. Cut tomatoes in half. Cut onion in large pieces. Cut top off garlic head. Arrange vegetables on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil generously over the veggies. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast vegetables, turning over occasionally for 1 hour. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Roll ground meat into small meatballs (teaspoon size)
- Blend vegetables and broth until smooth.
- On medium heat in a deep sided skillet, add pre-cooked pasta, vegetable blend, and meatballs, bring it all to a boil. Reduce to low temperature and simmer for up 1 hour.
- Best when served hot, soon after done.