Submitted by : Carla December
Duration :25 minutes
Serve : 6
6 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 C chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
4 drops hot pepper sauce
1 bunch arugula (I used the salad I had on hand: sweet butter lettuce)
2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 6 oz. salmon fillets
1 tsp. canola oil
2 large tortillas
1/2 small red onion, cut into thin slices
2-oz. piece Parmesan cheese, shaved (Frigo)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Combine cream cheese, 2 Tbsp, of the dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss the arugula with the vinegar and 1/4 tsp. of the salt in a medium bowl; set aside. (the greens actually can do without the vinegar and salt.)
- Rub the salmon fillets with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of dill and the remaining 1/4 tsp. of salt. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the salmon. Cook until browned on the outside and just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add one tortilla and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortilla. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Top each evenly with the arugula, salmon, onion, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Cut each pizza in half. Enjoy!
I made a balsamic reduction to drizzle it with. This one is a flatbread, If you don’t have rocket on hand, salt and pepper spinach for a sub! I used dark balsamic in this one. Great turn out for this fam.