Submitted by : Southern Cooking Light
Serve : 5-6
1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell’s Condensed French Onion Soup
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tblsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Heinz Ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 tblsp. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. McCormick Mustard Powde
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
- Pour over meat in skillet.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.