Submitted by :Yummy Yummy
1 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) (or use 4-5 tbsp crunchy peanut butter)
Spicy Paste: To Grind
6-8 dried red chilies (seeded and soaked in warm water)
3 cloves garlic
2 lemon grass (white parts only)
1 inch galangal or ginger
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon brown Sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup oil
1 heaping tablespoon tamarind pulp (soaked in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes, squeeze the tamarind pulp for juice and discard the pulp)
- Crush the peanuts coursely with mortar and pestle. set aside.
- Make Spice Paste – grind all 07 ingredients to fine paste.
- Heat oil and fry the spice paste until aromatic and smell spicy. Add the peanuts paste/ peanut butter, tamarind juice, water, sugar, sweet soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer in low heat while continue stirring for about 3 minutes until the peanut sauce turns smooth.
- Add the milk and simmer another 5-6 minutes. The sauce is ready for serving.