Recipe Submitted by : Cook Guru | Portuguese Cooking
500 gr of rice
3 red peppers
500 gr of peas
600 gr of pork meat with no fats
1 big onion
1 kg of clams or mussels
3 bacon slices
12 soup spoons of olive oil
1 glass of dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
12 slices of smoked sausage
- Measure the rice with a glass. Put in a pan 1,5 glasses of water for 1 glass of rice. Add to this water the salt and pepper and boil it.
- In another pan, put 5 soup spoons of olive oil and when it’s boiling add the dry rice. Stir for one minute and add the spiced boiling water. When it’s boiling again, cover the pan and lower the heat. Wait for 20 minutes without stiring until it’s cooked.
- In another pan, put the chopped onion, the sliced red pepper and 5 soup spoons of olive oil. Add the chopped pork, the dry white wine and spice with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In a big pan, quickly fry the bacon and the smoked sausage. Add in this last pan all the ingredients you cooked before. Mix carefully to don’t smash the rice.
- At least adorn the rice with cooked crayfishes, clams and red pepper strips.