Submitted by : Carla December
Duration :30 minutes
Serve : 4
8 oz. vermicelli Noodles
1 zucchini sliced
1 large carrot sliced
3 mushrooms; medium sliced
1 cup broccoli or green beans
1 juice of 1 lemon
1 cup bell peppers or roasted red pepper; sliced
1/2 small Onion; chopped
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce Yoshida Gourmet Sauce (optional)
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp Sriracha hot chili sauce (or any, or a chili)
2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper; to your own taste
3 tbs polive oil
16 shrimp; medium
- Prepare noodles per package. Take care to not overcook the noodles because we will be mixing them in with the veggies and sauce at the end. When noodles are finished add 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder to help separate and flavor the noodles.
- Mix teriyaki sauce, orange juice, most of the hot sauce & 1 tbsp of brown sugar in a medium bowl; set to the side.
- Start heating 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Once the oil is heated, add green beans/carrots/half of the teriyaki sauce mixture and lower heat to med-high. Sautè for 5-7 min, uncovered. Add a little bit of water only if the sauce starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. Put the de-shelled shrimp in the bowl with the remaining teriyaki mixture.
- Add remaining veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, & onion), and remaining hot sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp each of garlic salt, garlic powder, & pepper and cook covered for another 5-7 min, stirring intermittently, allowing it to steam a little, but making sure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Move the veggies to the outer edge of the pan leaving a small circle of area for you to add the shrimp in the middle. Add the shrimp with the remaining teriyaki sauce and half of the lemon juice. Cook until the shrimp are thoroughly done (pink, with no parts grey). Reduce heat to medium.
- Add one scoop of cooked pasta to the pan making sure to thoroughly coat all noodles. Continue adding noodles one scoop at a time. Once all noodles are added and coated with the sauce, add the remaing lemon juice and toss.
- Let the pasta sit together on low heat for a few minutes before serving. Great ideas for garnish are fresh diced tomatoes, thinly sliced green onions, and/or freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
I drizzled this with a little sesame oil after cooking, and tossed before serving and chucked in some sesame seeds.