Recipe Submitted by : Zeenat Hasta
Duration : 45 Minutes
Serves : 3-4
300gms split bengal gram (chana dal)
1/2 kg mince meat
50 gms green chillies
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
7 to 8 pepper balls
6 to 7 clove buds
4 to 5 cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 to 5 curry leaves
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilly powder
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves
250gms bread crumbs
2 to 3 eggs
- Wash the bengal gram and keep it a side
- Take another big bowl and add mice meat, washed gram, green chillies, ginger and garlic paste, clove buds, cinnamon sticks, pepper balls, cumin seeds, curry leaves,coriander powder, red chilly powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix all this and pressure cook it with water which is just of the same level.
- Cook till 4 to 5 whistle.
- Once cooled down, open the lid and check if the water has all dried up. If not cook with open lid till water is completely dried up.
- Now let it cool.
- Once its cooled grind it in a blender till its a smooth thick paste.
- Take a bowl and put the paste in it and add the fresh coriander leaves.
- Mould it in your desired shape and keep a side.
- Take a smaller bowl and beat the eggs and keep it aside.
- Now roll the kabas in the bread crumbs and then dip them in the egg and lastly put them in the oil for deep frying till golden brown.
- Serve them with green chutney or sauce or any dip.
- While grinding you can add very little water
- While moulding if you feel it is to soft then you can add the split bengal gram atta (besan). just to make it thick.
- Shami kababs can be made of chicken mince and vegetables also