Recipe Submitted by : The Dessert Cart [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from The Dessert Cart]
80g 73% dark chocolate
20g cocoa powder
40ml hot water
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp rum (optional)
125g brown sugar
60g hazelnut meal
1tsp icing sugar for dusting
A few strawberries and whipped cream to garnish (optional)
- Heat your oven to 160C.
- Melt the butter with chocolate over a water bath.
- Pour the hot water into a bowl with cocoa powder and whisk until there are no lumps. Add the vanilla and rum.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, cream the yolks with sugar with an electric beater until fluffy then pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the hazelnut meal and stir to combine.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites in through the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into 4 prepared ramekins and bake for around 20 minutes or until the surface it slightly cracked.
- Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and top with strawberries and cream.