Recipe Submitted by : Mr. Pete’s Cajun Spices
1 lb. crawfish tails, peeled
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced bellpepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Mr. Pete’s Cajun Seasoning
1- 10 oz. bag of Mr. Pete’s Seasoned Cajun Oyster Fry
Your choice of cooking oil (Our preferred is Peanut oil)
- Place crawfish, onion, bellpepper, celery, parsley, and garlic into a food processor.
- Use the pulse option, and spin until crawfish pieces are approximately 1/4?.
- In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs, egg, and Mr. Pete’s Cajun Seasoning.
- In another pan, pour in Mr. Pete’s Seasoned Cajun Oyster fry.Using the mixture from the food processor, hand roll 12- 2? balls.
- Dip balls into bread crumb, egg, and seasoning blend, then into Mr. Pete’s Seasoned Cajun Oyster Fry.
- Coat balls thoroughly.Heat your oil to 350 degrees. (I like to use a deep fryer to ensure the boulettes are cooked evenly, but you may pan fry them as well.)
- Place boulettes into oil, and fry until golden brown. Remove from fryer and drain on absorbent paper towels.
- This dish can be served as an appetizer or as a meal, and with or without a seafood dip.
- his recipe yields approximately 12 balls.