Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Spinach leaves- ½ bunch
Cooked sticky rice- 1 cup
Garlic cloves- 5
Ginger- ½ inch piece
Boiled sweet corns- ¼ cup
Corn flour- 2 tsp
Mozzarella cheese small cubes- ¼ cup
Chopped onion- 1 tbsp
Cinnamon (dalchini) powder- ¼ tsp
Sugar- 1 pinch
Butter- 1 tsp
Salt & pepper as per taste
- Wash & blanch spinach leaves. Combine spinach leaves, chillies, garlic, ginger & grind spinach to fine paste. Use min. water to grind as possible.
- Combine 1 tsp butter & onion in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 sec. Add spinach paste, thick spinach paste, rice, sugar & salt. Microwave for 3 min. Let it cool.
- Sprinkle little pepper on cheese for seasoning.
- Smash this rice. Add cinnamon powder, corn kernels, corn flour in rice & mix well. Take small part of rice , make ball. Make a depression with your finger in each rice ball and press in a mozzarella cube. Press this ball on palm, shape it. Make all cutlets this way. Arrange all cutlets in greased baking dish. Brush little butter on them.
- Preheat oven, bake them on 200 C for 10 min of one side & 10 min of another side.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup & mayonnaise.