Recipe Submitted by : Chicago Foodie Sisters
Duration : 40 Minutes
Serves : 4 servings of syrup. About 10 servings of jam
2 cups strawberries
1 cup sugar
Juice of one lemon
- Add sugar to a saucepan and squeeze in lemon juice.
- Heat on low heat, stirring often until sugar dissolves (5 to 10 minutes.)
- Mash strawberries with masher.
- Add strawberries and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Drain syrup and return syrup to pan. Reserve berries on side. This is your jam and is now complete. Cook syrup on high an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to container. Use as syrup for pancakes or ice cream.
- Transfer drained strawberry jam into container. Use within a week.
- Let both cool before transferring – place into glass jar or bowl if still hot.