Submitted by: Recipes from Spain
½ kg flour
250 ml milk
70 gr butter
70 gr sugar
Baker’s yeast (about 5 gr, dry)
250 gr ham
200 gr brie cheese
- Heat 250 ml of milk and 70 gr of butter until butter is dissolved and let cool until a warm temperature. Then add ½ kg of flour in a bowl through a colander, add also 70 gr of sugar, baker’s yeast, a coffee spoon of salt and the milk with butter. Mix well first with a spatula or wooden spoon and then with your hands. Once well mixed you need to knead it on a table, keep kneading it for about 10 minutes. If it is still sticky just let rest for about 20 minutes and then will be non sticky.
- Let the dough rest in a bowl cover with a cloth and let rest for at least one hour.
- After that time the dough will double in volume now you have to smash it with your hands and then with the help of a rolling pin. Just stretch the dough with out hesitating too much about the shape.
- Once stretched cover with 2 or 3 layers of ham. Over the ham place some sticks of brie cheese.
- Fold the dough and try to cover the ends. Let rest for about 1 hour. Finally paint the bread with a whisked egg and cook in the oven at 350º F (180º C ) for 20 minutes.