Recipe Submitted by : Arabic Bites
125 gms (Approx. 7nos) small brinjal (baingan/eggplant)
2 tbsp cumin powder (zeera) roasted
2 tbsp coriander powder roasted
onion 1 chopped roasted
coconut powder 4tbsp
sesame powder 4tbsp
peanut powder 2tsp
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
3tbsp oil or as u need
salt to taste
- Roast the coconut,onions,peanuts and sesame seeds and grind them to a powder. Don’t add water.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Make criss-cross slits on the brinjals, taking care not to separate the segments. Rub salt inside the slits with the help of a knife or using your fingers.
- Stuff the slits with the prepared masala mixture.
- Take oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add curry leaves ,mustard seeds and cumin seeds .
- After the mustard seeds crackles ,add the stuffed brinjals. Keep the flame the lower possible and cook your brinjals till they are soft . Just check with aspoon . Give a slight stir occasionally and make sure you turn the brinjals each side as they get soft on each side.Add the remaining masala just a minute before andfry a bit to roast it.
- Once the whole brinjal gets soft , your dish is ready. Goes well with chapatis and hot rice. Enjoy