Recipe Submitted by : Nitu Didi
500 grams of eggplant (aubergine/brinjals)
cut into nice thick cubes or you can use the baby ones and cut into rounds
2 tablespoons of oil
3 cloves of minced garlic or more if you like more
1 inch piece ginger , minced
1/4 cup of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of chilli sauce or more or less (please use a nice chinese chilli sauce)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of sugar
a dash of light soya sauce
1/4 cup of water
salt if necessary, i did not add
- In a frying pan heat the oil well.
- Add the eggplant and stir fry on a high fire till browned.
- Add the ginger garlic and cook further. Add all the sauces and mix well.
- Add the water and cook till the water has dried up and the eggplant is cooked through. If its still hard add more water.
- If you need more sauce add more of the sauces.
- Taste and correct seasoning and serve hot with white rice.