Submitted by : Chaska House
All purpose flour/ maida 1 cup
Yoghurt half cup
Water 3/4 cup
Instant yeast/ khameer 1 tsp
Ingredients for Sugar syrup:
Sugar 1 cup
Water half cup
Lemon juice 1 tsp /rose water 1 tsp/ saffron
- Mix all above ingredients and make a thick batter. Cover this in a bowl and place it in a warm place. I always put the covered box in a switched off microwave and let it rise in 30 minutes.
- Mix all sugar syrup ingredients in sauce pan and cook on high flame till start boiling then low tha heat and cook for five minutes.
- Make sugar syrup and keep aside.
- Now heat the oil in a wok and drop this batter with your fingers in oil. Fry till golden in color.
- Then dip in sugar syrup and drain out. Don’t leave these dumplings in syrup.
- These dumplings will be crisp from outside and soft from inside.