Recipe Submitted by : Rajshree’s Culinary
- Heat a teaspoon of mustard oil in a pan. Add a pinch each of mustard seeds, aniseed, onion seeds (nigella seeds), carom seeds and fenugreek seeds. Let it crackle.
- Add ½ cup of raw mango juliennes and cover immediately. Remove the lid after 3-4 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and tumeric each. Mix in ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder. Fry a little.
- Add grated jaggery to taste and 1/3 cup of water. Cover and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with your meals as a side dish or with savories of your choice.
Handy Tips :
- Taste the raw mango before adding in the pan. If the mango is too sour, you’ll need to add more jaggery.
- If you do not like jaggery, feel free to use sugar. The dish will taste just as good. Diabetics or weight-watchers can use any sugar substitute in step (4) instead of jaggery.
- This chutney will keep good in the refrigerator for 2 days in an air-tight container.