Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Preperation Time: 15 minutes
Gram Flour (Besan)- 2 Cups
Rice Flour- 1 tbsp
Tomatoes- 250 gm (4 to 5 med.size)
Green Chilies- 3-4
Garlic Cloves- 5-6
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- 1 tsp
Asafoetida (hing)- ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Salt to Taste
Soda- bi-carb- 1 pinch (optional)
Finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
Oil- as required
Butter, cheese spread, tomato ketchup, mint chutney – as required
- Blend tomatoes, green chilies, jeera, garlic. Use minimum water for blending. If possible, avoid the water.
- Add both flours, hing, turmeric powder, salt and blend it again. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat non stick tava (griddle) and sprinkle some oil & spread it evenly.
- Pour one big spoonful of batter over the tava by quickly spreading it to make an even round. Then pour some oil around edges, and on top. Cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the bottom is cooked, turn it over, and cook the top. Fry it till brown. Don’t burn it.
- Remove the edges of bread & spread butter.
- Serve hot with mint chutney & ketchup.