Recipe Submitted by : Gregs Kitchen
1 whole chicken cut into pieces (or 8 mixed pieces)
1 large sweet onion halved and sliced
5 cloves garlic chopped
28 ounce can of whole peeled Roma tomatoes
3 sprigs rosemary (or one teaspoon dried rosemary)
1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 cup cooking sherry
1 15 1/2 ounce can cannellini beans
- Rinse and thoroughly pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Add olive oil to large skillet or Dutch oven, add chicken and brown.
- Cut the onion into half-moon slivers, and peel and smash the garlic.
- Once chicken is browned, add to the skillet, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes (crushing them with a spoon)thyme, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees, for 1 hour.
- Add the sherry and cannellini beans to the pan and roast for 30 minutes more.