Recipe Submitted by :Lakshmi Venkatesh
Duration :40 minutes
Serve : 12 Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Basic Vanilla Cupcake
200 gms Butter
8 oz Castor Sugar
8 oz Maida
1 tb.sp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Milk about a tb.sp
Ingredients for the Chocolate Frosting :
2 tbsp cream
100 gm Chocolate
50 gm Butter
100 gm Icing Sugar
- Sieve the dry the ingredients and keep it aside.
- Line the cupcake pans with the cases.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C.
- Beat the butter lightly and then add the castor sugar and beat well.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one.
- Add the vanilla essence. Mix and add the dry ingredients. And fold in.
- Add milk as required and only if required.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency and not pouring consistency.
- Spoon the batter in the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min at 180° C.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack when its done i.e. the skewer comes out clean.
- In a pan heat butter add the chocolate and cream, stir till combined.
- Remove from heat and add in icing sugar, stir till smooth.
- Fill it in a piping bag attached with a star nozzle. And pipe it on the cooled cupcakes.