Submitted by: Saucy Girls Kitchen
Duration : 25
Serve : 2-4
1 Pizza Crust
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
pinch of Sea Salt
8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced thin and sauteed
1/2 red onion, sliced thin and sauteed
1/2 cup spinach (I used frozen – be sure to squeeze out all the water)
1 to 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake pizza crust in oven for about 8 minutes, to crisp.
- While pizza crust is in the oven you can prepare the Roux.
To prepare the Roux:
- In a medium saucepan add the butter and olive oil over medium low heat.
- Whisk in the flour and blend completely.
- Next add in the milk, whisking the entire time until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add in a pinch of salt.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and top with an even layer of the Roux.
- Top with mozzarella cubes, mushrooms, spinach and onions (in that order).
- Put back in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with Parmesan Cheese and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired.